Slow computer performance? Just follow these simple steps to boost computer performance.
1) Reduce Wait Time to Startup to the Highlighted OS
- Click on Start -> Run -> Type msconfig
- Under the “BOOT.INI” tab -> Change “Timeout:” to 3 seconds
2) Delete Temporary Files
- Start -> Run (Window + R) -> Type %Temp%
- Delete all the files
3) Disk De-fragmentation
- Always perform a disk de-fragmentation at least once in a month.
- Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> De fragment and Optimize Drives.
- Closes and opens Windows faster than normal and does not waste electricity.
- Start -> Run (Window + R) -> Type -> shutdown -h
5) Delete Prefetch Files
- Go to C:\Windows\Prefetch and delete all the files
6) Disable Unwanted Start Up Programs
- Run (Window + R) -> Type `msconfig`
- Under the “Start Up” tab, uncheck the unwanted programs and press OK.
7) Make Start Menu Open Faster
- Run (Window + R) -> Type `regedit.exe`
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop.
- Look for “MenuShowDelay“, and double-click to edit the value.
- The lower the number specified, the faster the Start Menu will load.
8) Boost loading My Computer Window
- My Computer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View and uncheck ‘Automatically search for network folders and printers”
9) Slow Ending of Unresponsive Programs
- Click on ‘End Task’ is not terminated immediately
- Run -> regedit.exe -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Current Control Set/Control and change this value to 1000.
10) Disable Animations & Appearance to maximize performance
- 1) Control Panel -> System Properties -> ‘Advanced’ -> ‘Performance’
- 2) Click ‘Adjust for best performance’
Thats All 🙂